Finland’s Food Tourism Strategy 2020–2028
- Developing Finnish food tourism with top products
- Encouraging the creation of combination products and food tourism routes
- Promoting the competitiveness of tourism and food industries
- Supporting the raising of quality standards
- Improving the image of Finnish food culture
- Building an active national food tourism network.
The key product and marketing themes in Finnish food tourism are:
- Taste of place, Eat local and sense Finland!
- Pure & Natural, Eat slow and healthy in Finland!
- Cool and creative from Finland, Eat wild and happy in Finland!
The primary actions in developing Finnish food tourism are:
- Sustainable and responsible business
- Product development
- Strategic partnerships
- Marketing, sales and communication
Finland’s first Food Tourism Strategy 2015-2020
With the help of the research phase, the first FOOD&TOURISM strategy for Finland was built in co-operation with several operators in May 2014- Jan 2015. The strategy was coordinated by Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and the assignment was commissioned by Visit Finland and the Ministry of Agriculture and Forest.
The aims are:
- to build active national networks
- define the roles of operators and have shared common goals for the future
- develop food tourism with the help of best products
- to communicate widely to all participants, operators and customers about our core products and processes
The key issues in developing Finnish food tourism are:
- Taste of place, Finnish origin and way of life taste good
- Pure pleasure, pure Finnish food is good for the body and soul
- Cool and creative from Finland, internationally renowned culinary experience
The primary actions in promoting Finnish food tourism are:
- product development of spearhead products
- strategic partnerships
We introduced and familiarized Finnish FOOD&TOURSIM strategy with help of H4F workshops, especially for tourism operators and developers working in the field. During the years, 2015-2017, there were workshops in the several regions of Finland. At the same time we developed the food product of Finnish museums and events in co-operation with Finnish Museums Association and Finland Festivals organization.
For further inquiries:
- Sini Garam, sini.garam(at)haaga-helia.fi, Food Tourism, Project Manager
- Kristiina Adamsson, kristiina.adamsson(at)haaga-helia.fi, Senior Lecturer of Research Methods, Project Coordinator
Photo: Visit Finland, Elina Manninen